The Scouting Movement today is a confederation of 162 National Scout Organizations in a network of over 40 million members in more than 1 million local community Scout Groups. Some 7 million are adult volunteers who support the local activities, resulting in a huge multiplier effect.
The World Scout Moot is an official event of WOSM. João Armando P Gonçalves is the appointed liaison from the World Scout Committee for 15th World Scout Moot. Göran Hägerdal and Stephen Peck are appointed by the World Scout Bureau as liaison to the Moot Organizing Team.
The Icelandic Boy and Girl Scout Association
Scouting has existed continuously in Iceland since 1911. Scouting was first organized in two separate Boy Scout and Girl Scout associations but from 1944 in the Icelandic Boy and Girl Scout Association (Bandalag íslenskra skáta in Icelandic, or BÍS) which became the first SAGNO in the world. BÍS has since been the national association of scouts and scouting groups in Iceland, counting around 3.500 members who are supported by a network of adults. The Chief Scout is Bragi Björnsson.
BÍS has been a member of the World Organization of the Scouting Movement since 1924 and the World Association of Girl Guides and Girls Scouts since 1928.
BÍS is the hosting organization for the 15th World Scout Moot in 2017.
The Moot Organizing Committee
The 15th World Scout Moot organizing team consists of the following people, but in addition many more have already joined in the different preparatory teams.
- Hrönn Pétursdóttir, head of the organizing committee / camp chief
- Dagmar Ýr Ólafsdóttir and Vala Dröfn Hauksdóttir, responsible for the On site program
- Halldór S. Magnússon and Guðrún Ása Kristleifsdóttir, responsible for the Expedition program
- Björn Hilmarsson and Helgi Jónsson, responsible for human resources
- Davíð Snorrason and Þórólfur Kristjánsson, responsible for logistics
- Sölvi Melax and Jón Ingvar Bragason, responsible for marketing Communication
- Hermann Sigurðsson and Anna Sverrisdóttir, responsible for finance and on-site services
- Grétar Ingi Sigurðsson, responsible for food services
- Jón Ingvar Bragason, director of the 15th World Scout Moot